One of my favorite salads of all time is the Central Market Kale and Pepita Salad that you can buy from their prepared foods section. I have been trying to recreate this salad for a while, and I finally think I’ve got it! If you are a fan of this salad, this version is really close to the real thing, and you can make it at home. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 bunch of Kale greens (washed, de-stemmed, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (I use Liquid Aminos which has less sodium)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or Honey
- I/4 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds or Pepitas
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Candied Ginger (I left this out because I don’t like the taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk all of the wet ingredients together and toss with the kale greens. Add the pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and ginger and light toss to combine everything. Let the salad sit for 15 minutes so that the kale softens. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and let me know how you like it!
Also, don’t forget to “Pin” this recipe for future use.